FAQ: Copy Protection
Are there any changes I should be aware of when cross-grading to the PACE version of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP or ZAP v1?
Apart from the PACE system's advantages in terms of reliability, ease-of-use and security, there aren't many changes but there are some:
- The previous system (eSellerate), is a traditional software activation type solution. eSellerate protected plugins came with a single-user-at-a-time license, and with 2 concurrent activations. PACE protected plugins come with the same single-user-at-a-time license, but 1 concurrent activation. Why? This activation can reside on the HD of a computer, but also on a physical USB device. The latter makes moving between multiple systems very convenient, fast and easy, and is our recommended approach when moving between different systems a lot. HD-based activations can be moved between systems with minimum effort using the iLok License Manager application. This document describes the process. Between these two options, most scenarios covered by the single-user-at-a-time license should be taken care of. Please contact us with any questions or concerns regarding this change – should neither of these options work for you, we may well be able to help.
- The first version of the ZAP Bundle came with four separate activation codes, which could be used to activate the four plugins on separate systems. The ZAP 1 PACE cross-grade version uses a single license to unlock all four plugins on the ame machine.
Legacy Copy Protection Support
As of April 2nd, 2017, we are phasing out the eSellerate copy protection system in favor of the flexibility, compatibility, user-friendliness and security advantages the PACE system offers. All new purchases, bundles and trial versions use PACE as of this date. Users of previous, non-PACE protected versions can cross-grade free of charge.
Should you wish to keep using the eSellerate version of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP or ZAP v1, you can do so. Here's what you need to know:
- We will maintain, update and support the eSellerate versions up to but not including the next major version update (2.0) for each of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP and PITCHMAP.
- Any functionality added while the current major version number (1.x) is in effect will be ported to both copy protection systems.
- We may, however, skip some "dot updates" on either branch if the changes relate only to the copy protection system.
- In a nutshell: your UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP and PITCHMAP using eSellerate will be the same plugin as the PACE-protected version (except for the copy protection, of course), until we hit version 2 – which will be PACE only. At this point, updates for the eSellerate version will stop.
- If reasonably possible, at our sole discretion, we may decide to provide minor compatibility fixes for the eSellerate versions beyond that point.
- At that point, we will keep the last eSellerate version available for download for as long as reasonably possible, and we will not shut down the activation system – so your eSellerate v1.x software will keep working, unless eSellerate makes the unlikely decision to discontinue the service – over which decision we obviously have no influence. Should that happen, you may of course still perform the free cross-grade to the PACE version.
- We will keep providing email support for the eSellerate versions for a reasonable amount of time past the update cutoff date; however, it may obviously not be possible to solve issues related to compatibility of the eSellerate copy protection system that would require code updates.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please contact us.
Basic License Operations Guide
For a step-by-step guide on how to activate or de-activate your plugin, start a free trial, move an activation from one computer to a different one, as well as general copy protection info, please refer to this guide.