FAQ: Copy Protection
The code I received from my dealer doesn't work for unlocking my software, why?
When you purchase a Zynaptiq plugin, your dealer will send you a Registration Code. Some dealers may mistakenly refer to the code they deliver as serial number or activation code – but all codes sent out by dealers are, in fact, Registration Codes.
Please enter your Registration Code into the form at www.zynaptiq.com/register – you will then receive an email that contains the latest installer DL URLs as well as the Activation Code that will unlock your software.
This Activation Code can then be entered into the plugin's activation window, or redeemed using the Redeem Code function of the iLok License manager application.
For more information on the activation process itself, please review this activation guide.
Legacy Copy Protection Support
As of April 2nd, 2017, we are phasing out the eSellerate copy protection system in favor of the flexibility, compatibility, user-friendliness and security advantages the PACE system offers. All new purchases, bundles and trial versions use PACE as of this date. Users of previous, non-PACE protected versions can cross-grade free of charge.
Should you wish to keep using the eSellerate version of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP or ZAP v1, you can do so. Here's what you need to know:
- We will maintain, update and support the eSellerate versions up to but not including the next major version update (2.0) for each of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP and PITCHMAP.
- Any functionality added while the current major version number (1.x) is in effect will be ported to both copy protection systems.
- We may, however, skip some "dot updates" on either branch if the changes relate only to the copy protection system.
- In a nutshell: your UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP and PITCHMAP using eSellerate will be the same plugin as the PACE-protected version (except for the copy protection, of course), until we hit version 2 – which will be PACE only. At this point, updates for the eSellerate version will stop.
- If reasonably possible, at our sole discretion, we may decide to provide minor compatibility fixes for the eSellerate versions beyond that point.
- At that point, we will keep the last eSellerate version available for download for as long as reasonably possible, and we will not shut down the activation system – so your eSellerate v1.x software will keep working, unless eSellerate makes the unlikely decision to discontinue the service – over which decision we obviously have no influence. Should that happen, you may of course still perform the free cross-grade to the PACE version.
- We will keep providing email support for the eSellerate versions for a reasonable amount of time past the update cutoff date; however, it may obviously not be possible to solve issues related to compatibility of the eSellerate copy protection system that would require code updates.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please contact us.
Basic License Operations Guide
For a step-by-step guide on how to activate or de-activate your plugin, start a free trial, move an activation from one computer to a different one, as well as general copy protection info, please refer to this guide.