FAQ: Copy Protection
- What copy protection system do your plugins use?
- Do your plugins require an iLok USB device?
- How do I activate my plugin(s)?
- How many computers can I activate?
- How can I move a HD-based activation to a new computer?
- The HD containing my licenses crashed, was replaced or became otherwise inaccessible, and I can no longer access my licenses what can I do?
- I want to start a trial, but am being asked for an Activation Code what am I missing?
- I want to activate a new computer's HD, but entering my activation code doesn't work, stating that "the code redemption limit has been reached" what do I do?
- I have a non-PACE protected version of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, PITCHMAP, UNCHIRP or ZAP v1 How can I get access to the PACE-protected version?
- The code I received from my dealer doesn't work for unlocking my software, why?
- I want to keep using the non-PACE versions of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP or ZAP v1 can I do so and what does it mean for support for my software?
- What types of iLok USB device can be used with your products?
- Are there any changes I should be aware of when cross-grading to the PACE version of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP or ZAP v1?
Legacy Copy Protection Support
As of April 2nd, 2017, we are phasing out the eSellerate copy protection system in favor of the flexibility, compatibility, user-friendliness and security advantages the PACE system offers. All new purchases, bundles and trial versions use PACE as of this date. Users of previous, non-PACE protected versions can cross-grade free of charge.
Should you wish to keep using the eSellerate version of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP, PITCHMAP or ZAP v1, you can do so. Here's what you need to know:
- We will maintain, update and support the eSellerate versions up to but not including the next major version update (2.0) for each of UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP and PITCHMAP.
- Any functionality added while the current major version number (1.x) is in effect will be ported to both copy protection systems.
- We may, however, skip some "dot updates" on either branch if the changes relate only to the copy protection system.
- In a nutshell: your UNVEIL, UNFILTER, UNCHIRP and PITCHMAP using eSellerate will be the same plugin as the PACE-protected version (except for the copy protection, of course), until we hit version 2 which will be PACE only. At this point, updates for the eSellerate version will stop.
- If reasonably possible, at our sole discretion, we may decide to provide minor compatibility fixes for the eSellerate versions beyond that point.
- At that point, we will keep the last eSellerate version available for download for as long as reasonably possible, and we will not shut down the activation system so your eSellerate v1.x software will keep working, unless eSellerate makes the unlikely decision to discontinue the service over which decision we obviously have no influence. Should that happen, you may of course still perform the free cross-grade to the PACE version.
- We will keep providing email support for the eSellerate versions for a reasonable amount of time past the update cutoff date; however, it may obviously not be possible to solve issues related to compatibility of the eSellerate copy protection system that would require code updates.
Should you have any questions or concerns regarding this change, please contact us.
Basic License Operations Guide
For a step-by-step guide on how to activate or de-activate your plugin, start a free trial, move an activation from one computer to a different one, as well as general copy protection info, please refer to this guide.